Thursday, September 19, 2013

To Fries, VA



On Saturday, we will drive up to Fries(freeze), VA.  This is a small town(less than 500 pop.) in the hills of Southern VA, not far from Grayson Highlands State Park and located along the New River.  There is an old rail line that has been removed an made into a trail along the river.  It is about 54 miles long and our plan is to bike as much of it as possible. 

I am writing this to learn if the blog "The Lowe Down" still works.  I you receive notice from the blog I would appreciate you letting me know.  I can't find out if it still sends out notices of updates.  Maybe we can update this over the trip to show you some of things we see and do.  It is not my intention to bore you.

Last year we went up to Grayson Highlands SP and hiked to the top of Mt. Rogers(highest point in VA).  Along the way we got to see 3 small herds of wild ponies.  They were suppose to be "wild", however, they were like all ponies that wanted attention, pesky.  This year if we get to make the hike Jan is prepared to visit the ponies with sugar.  I am not a fan of this.  My background with ponies is not too good(I was raised working with horses not ponies) so I'll keep my distance and use the camera to record this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment