Friday, July 30, 2010

Tomorrow we Start

I can't begin to tell you what is going through my head at this time. The RV is loaded and we are down to just a couple of small items to take with us in the morning. This trip is exciting and scary. I can't believe a month of travel. Other than college and a couple of years afterward I've not been away from this little town that long. It may not be the fact that we are leaving home, it could be that the business is going to be without me. I know that it will go on without me. That may be one of my fears. Well, I am rambling like a friend I email regularly.

Our goal for the first 3 days is about 500 miles per day. I've never driven 3 days in a row for 500 miles. It is bound to be a piece of cake after all look at all the tractor/trailer drivers. I may find out why they have the attitude they have.

What we are traveling in is a 38' RV pulling a little CRV. This should put us at about 50' in total length (not quite a Mustang). It will be a little difficult to hit (not a good term) a Burger King for a snack. You know, here in 2010, we are beginning a trip west in a modern day "covered wagon". I have no pictures of a nearly certified... driver at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment