Friday, May 1, 2015

Attempt to visit Yosemite Valley


Day 26    May 1, 2015



View from Glacier Point--Click to enlarge
Half Dome
We had intended to go into Yosemite today and drive throughout the park to see all of the beautiful sites.  Well we have found that every and I do mean every time we leave the RV to go somewhere we have to make several trips to the car and back, because we have forgotten something.  Today, after just two trips we were happy that was all it took.  About 10 miles down the road, not straight and flat but extremely curvy and uphill, Jan asked me did I set the thermostats to take care of the kitties.  
Lower falls is Vernal and the upper one is Nevada Falls
After one of those duh moments, I told her that I had not.  That wouldn’t have been so bad if the temperature wasn’t going to hit near 90.  I told her that we would make a quick trip and be back by 2:00 before the heat kicked in.  That sounded good to me but when we pulled into the parking lot of Glacier Point, however, when we got back to the car we both noted that the car was very warm.  As we drove to the “valley” I mentioned that we could make a quick trip from one end to the other and make a stop at the Visitor Center.  The closer we got to the bottom the more traffic we saw.  I thought that we could just make a quick trip to the vistor’s center and then hurry back to the RV.  That didn’t work, so we did a turn around and headed back, without any photos of the valley.  That was a real disappointment.  My experience driving in Tennessee on the hills allowed me to make the trip back a lot faster than we expected.  Normally, Jan would have protested at my speed but she probably closed her eyes as we hustled back.  When we got back the temperature in the RV was 92+ degrees, but the kitties were okay.  I look forward to the trip back into the valley.  What I saw of it was absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment