Monday, May 25, 2015

Capitol Reef Excursion


Day 41    May 16, 2015

Rim of Canyonlands
We wake to rain and think so what.  Quickly we get moving and have breakfast at the “Jailhouse Café”, had to fuel up for the day.  From there, we hit the road for “Capitol Reef National Park”.  The drive to CR was over 150 miles, allowing us to drive away from the rain and into marvelous sunshine. 
Road to Capitol Reef
This is an upheaval in the middle of the state that blocks water from flowing in a natural direction.  In this park are some of the most outstanding canyons and rock formations we have seen. 
Bluffs of Capitol Reef
We seem to only have one word for each new sight we see, WOW”.   I know that I am not up on everything that the politically correct crowd uses but today I was reading one of our pamphlets and it said something about a timeline of 600 CE.  I had to find out what this means and they told me CE means current era as opposed to AD,  I promise, I won’t rant on.   As we drove back, we saw an extremely large thunderstorm, just to the side of I-70.   It was most impressive sitting on top of a mesa and spinning in a comma shape.  Back in Moab and the weather was back to being beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment