Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Bangor again


August 9

Bangor Again

On our trip into Bangor Sunday, I tried to make pictures of Steven King’s home.  Something happened and all the pictures were not saved to the memory card.  It may have been a curse that Steven King put on all cameras that day or it could have been that my memory card failed.  Since I could not do anything about a curse, I decided to address the memory card.  I threw it away and used another card.  It worked great yesterday so maybe I solved the problem.


After going back to the Bangor Forest for our morning walk we went back by Steven King’s home to make pictures.  These worked so I’ll show a few here.  Note the wrought iron fence.  There are gargoyles, spiders,


and spider webs designed into the fence.

Our two little companions are so much fun to watch.  They spend a great deal of time sleeping but when awake there is a lot of romping and wrestling going on. 
Occasionally, one will get on a higher level and wait for the other to go by and then pounce on him.  They are particularly interested when another animal goes by.

We pass by some pretty harbor’s driving back and forth up the island.  They are particularly pretty when the tide is in. 
However, we don’t wait on the tide schedule to travel so we don’t have many pictures to show.

I don’t know if it is age or just…. We spend a lot of time on our outing’ s when coming back stopping at different places picking up things we need i.e. bread, drinks etc.  Since this is blueberry season up here we have discovered how wonderful blueberry pie, jam and syrup are.  One of the reasons you don’t see me in photos is that I can’t get the blue stain off my face.   Blueberry bushes are all over the area.  Tomorrow we leave for Canada (Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia).  Our trip to Prince Edward is a two days.  We have already learned that going on to the island is free but they hold you up,$$$$$ to get off the island.  This is going to be the start of a new way of travel for us, with no prior reservations.  Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment