Thursday, April 16, 2015

Antelope Canyons


Day 11   April 16, 2015

Today we went to the Antelope Slot Canyons.  These are canyons that start out as slots in either the surface or into the wall of a bluff.   The ones we went today were both.  On the first one Jan and I went on separate tours.  I went on a photographic tour and Jan went on a hiking tour.  We both enjoyed our tours immensely.  At one point Jan’s tour came through my tour.  On the photo tour they insisted that we use tripods and digital single reflex cameras.  Not being a tripod person, this was tough, however, I am very glad they required it.  Our guide was very knowledgeable of different cameras and very helpful on setting up for photos.  Since my camera is new to me, he was good at helping me.  We did the Lower Antelope Canyon first and then the Upper Antelope Canyon next.  The “Upper” one is where a photographer last year made a shot that sold for $6.5 million.  This was the most expensive photo ever sold.  I guess that this will be my playing of the lottery.  Maybe someday I can make that photo.  Jan and I were both happier with the “Lower” canyon.  It had more light and openness than the “Upper”.

No comments:

Post a Comment