Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Southern California Travel Day


Day 24   April 29, 2015

Long Open Road
This has been a road day.  We left Pahrump, NV this morning for our road day to Bakersfield, CA.  For some reason, I am getting anxious each night before our travel days.  I think a lot of this is because I know there are a lot of “hills” that we have to cross and our RV does not have the kind of power I would like to match speeds with road tractors when climbing hills.  Another couple of things that create this feeling are that I have never been in these areas before and don’t know the roads.  We drove by Edwards AFB and the Mojave plane graveyard.   At first today, we drove nearly 110 miles and met less than 30 vehicles during that time. 
Desolate Desert (Mojave)
It was the most desolate area I think I’ve ever seen.  It had over 50 miles without any crossroads or services (of course no cell coverage).  One thing we noted today was that fuel prices went up overnight over $.20.  This is not great for our coming days of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment