Friday, April 10, 2015

Palo Duro the second day


Day 6    April 10, 2015

Yesterday when we arrived at Palo Duro and were getting ready to hike, I found that I had forgotten my camera.  I don’t go anywhere without it but, I did this time.  We were 15 miles away from it and up a tough hill.  Without any hesitance, I told Jan that I would just use the phone.  I personally don’t believe that I accepted this so well.   This was a learning situation for me.  I’ve hardly ever used the phone camera.  It worked very well and would not hesitate in using it again.

Today we hiked from the base of the canyon to the rim.  Trail was nice but nowhere near as near as pretty as the ones yesterday.  Views were nice but….  After this, we went back over to the “Lighthouse” trail.  This was so that Jan could see it.  No disappointment at all.   The trail was busy, but since it is so wide there were no issues.  We saw lots of mountain bikers, no runners today but we met a couple of horses.  Colors of the hills were brilliant and a cloudless sky gave a great contrast.

Our kitties are still adjusting to each other.  There are some major discussions but nothing has come to blows yet.  Frosty still won’t give any ground even when Chester tries to get him to play or at least be friendly.  I still have hopes that they will learn to at least like each other the bonus would be for them to snuggle together.

No comments:

Post a Comment