Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 1 at Yellowstone











I am sitting in the parking lot at old Faithful waiting on it perform. Yesterday as we left the parking lot of our campground the windshield broke again. I'm going to ignore it as best I can till I get home. The trip into Yellowstone was uneventful with the exception for the 2500' climb up a rather narrow road from Gardiner to just past Mammoth after that clear sailing. We did have a couple of obstacles that entered the road to slow us down. Buffalo along the road through Lamar Valley are not very considerate when it comes to walking into the road. Some of these animals are bigger than Jan's CRV. After checking in at Fishing Bridge campground Jan and I decided to explore the Lamar Valley and on up to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. In Lamar Valley there are a lot of "hot spots" where water and mud are bubbling. In the canyon area, WOW. The scenery and the colors were spectacular. I'll attach some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment