Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finally


After 31 days, 4314 RV miles and over 2500 miles on the car, we have finally finished a wonderful trip. Our last day was only 230 miles. This is one of the shortest driving days since our short trip to the Tetons. We have spent the last several hours putting up our "stuff"and that is just a good beginning. Our "covered wagon" had not been washed since we left and it had dust and dirt on it from South Dakota during a rain, more from Montana from a beautiful thunderstorm that we drove through hoping that the lightening would stay off to the side of the road and then finally the dirt and mud we picked up in Wyoming on the 10 miles of road construction. Jan has kept the interior in great shape even with the cat shedding and me tracking in, whatever. Overall the RV has made the trip with limited problems. Speaking of problems, we have made the last two weeks of the trip with the broken windshield. It has not caused any more issues. I finally was able to speak with the insurance representative this afternoon. We probably will be able to have the windshield replaced here in Cookeville. Everyone that has helped keep up our home up has done a great job. Only thing needed is a little mowing.

The trip has been eye opening. Lots of things that we were unsure of became very possible. Nothing has been really discouraging. Would we do again? Yes, in a heart beat. In fact, I will be hoping that the opportunity will occur again. I know exactly where I'd like go. Where? I'll let you know later.

Writing this has been a fun chore. I hope that you enjoyed the blog. It was fun having you along. Later when I am able to get my pictures together I'll post a site where you can go over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment